The Los Angeles City Council’s Budget and Finance Committee will begin hearings on the mayor’s proposed budget for 2012-13 next Friday.
One week from today, the mayor’s office and city administrative officer will present the budget in Council Chamber of City Hall. Committee members will then go through the budget department by department, beginning with the city controller’s office, city attorney’s office, Office of Finance, the Los Angeles City Employee Retirement System and Pensions Department.
The rest of the schedule will be:
Monday, April 30, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Recreation and Parks
- Cultural Affairs
- General Services
- Information Technology Agency
Tuesday, May 1, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Board of Public Works
- Bureau of Sanitation
- Bureau of Street Services
- Bureau of Engineering
- Bureau of Street Lighting
- Bureau of Contract Administration
- Department of Transportation
- Planning Department
Wednesday, May 2, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Building and Safety
- Animal Services
- Emergency Management
- El Pueblo
- L.A. Zoo
- Department of Aging
- Department on Disability
- Department of Neighborhood Empowerment
- L.A. Convention Center
Thursday, May 3, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Community Development Department
- Housing Department
- Homeless Services Agency
- Housing Authority
- City Ethics Commission
- City Clerk
- City Administrative Officer
- General City purposes
- Unappropriated Balance
- Reserve Fund
- Capital Finance Administration
- Capital Improvement Expenditure Program
- Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes
- Department of Airports
- Department of Water and Power
- Harbor Department
If necessary, budget hearings could continue through May 15. The fiscal year begins on July 1.